Home > About us
About Directorate of Film Festivals
Set up under the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting in 1973 by the Government of India, the Directorate of Film Festivals (DFF) is entrusted with the objective of promoting Indian films. DFF also strives to promote inter-cultural understanding through film-based cultural exchanges. In order to achieve its goal to promote Indian cinema and increase its reach worldwide, the Directorate organizes the following events and programmes throughout the year:-
● The National Film Awards
● Dadasaheb Phalke Award
● The annual International Film Festival of India (IFFI)
● Participation in Cultural Exchange Programmes and organizing a screening of Indian films through our Missions abroad.
● Selection of films for Indian Panorama.
● Participation in International Film Festivals abroad.
● Organizing special film expositions such as retrospectives, Indian Panorama films screenings and National Awards winning films screening and theme-based film festivals in different parts of the country.
● Collection, preservation and documentation of prints of Indian Panorama films for non-commercial screenings.
The Directorate of Film Festivals (DFF), Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, is based in New Delhi.
Copyright © 2022 - All Rights Reserved - Official Website of Directorate of Film Festivals,
Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India.
Content on this website is published and managed by Directorate of Film Festivals, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
For any query regarding this website, please contact the web information manager – Ms. Tanu Rai, Designation- Deputy Director(Admin),
E-mail ID- tanu[dot]dff[at]gov[dot]in, Phone No.- +91-11-26499386
Site Visitors :-106738
| Last Updated Date :-
11/15/2022 1:10:26 PM
Designed by PECS